My name is Jamie Catherwood, and I’m a Client Portfolio Associate at O’Shaughnessy Asset Management, a quantitative long-equity investment firm based out of Stamford, Connecticut. Here is a little bit of information on me:
- I’m half English, and a dual-citizen of the United Kingdom / United States.
- I received my BA (Honors) History degree from King’s College London in 2017.
- I am a full-blown history nerd, particularly finance history, and the Middle East.
- Lucky enough to have found my other half in high-school, Maris Bayer, and we’re going on 6 years strong. No one tell her she’s out of my league..
- I have been a diehard Tottenham Hotspur fan since 2006. Come on you Spurs!
- My grandfather, Sir Frederick Catherwood, was Vice President of the European Parliament, and knighted by Queen Elizabeth II.
- A great ancestor of mine, Frederick Catherwood, is credited alongside John Lloyd-Stephens with the re-discovery of the Maya civilization in the 19th century
- I have two younger siblings, and the best set of parents I could ask for.
- Get your financial history fix through reading my articles, or those that I link to in my weekly “Financial History: Sunday Reads”.
- Discover your local finance community, and find out how to attend the next happy hour or meetup.